Saturday, January 21, 2012

OP(old post)#2: Yule Log Cake/ Model Bridge

Another one of my old post, enjoy!

Aloha! (。・ω・)ノ゙

Have you ever heard of the Yule Log Cake? It is also know as Bûche de Noël( ´∀`)pronounced (BOOSH duh noh-EHL). It was created by a French pastry chef in late 18th century who came up with a great idea to replicate the yule log in the design of a cake. Yule log are used to carry out the tradition of celebrating Christmas and the winter solstice by burning the wooden log in the fireplace. It’s kind of similar to a roll cake, with it’s swirly shaped design.

My mom’s best friend, “auntie” bought a cake similar to the one below. I am so stupid, I was late to dinner and missed out on taking a picture on the cute yule log cake.(; ̄д ̄)Oh, well it’s okay I have some leftover of the cake ヽ(*⌒∇⌒*)ノ yay! The cake was certainly interesting, it was split into half: one part was chocolate and the other was green tea with sprinkles of azuki beans within the cream. Omg, I love both of them~ (´ ▽`).。o♡ For some reason, my family members and auntie said that the chocolate one taste really sweet? haha, am I the only who likes it? At first I couldn’t decide on which one to try first cuz I love drinking tea (●♡∀♡) ~ and I also love chocolate esp. dark chocolate ♡^▽^♡

The one my auntie bought was similar to this one~

Oho, so I ask my mom to give one to me randomly♪ So I got green tea XD Sorry for the crummy looking picture –I realized that my phone is terrrible at taking pictures (>人<)

It was actually pretty sweet of my auntie to buy this delicious yule log cake♬ Considering the fact that my dad is without a job, it made Christmas a bit cheerier :) Hopefully my dad’s body can take speed recovery and get back to work ^^ If he doesn’t, then I might have to get a part-time job to help out the family. It would be a new experience though it might not be fun of course since it is work. ┐(‘~`;)┌

here’s is one side of my bridge, another to go!

My workspace is messy as you can see.

Work in Progress (´(エ)` )

This bridge is for MESA if you don’t know what MESA is, it stands for Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement it’s a program that help disadvantage students learn more bout math and science in a fun way~ (^(I)^) Also it helps students who want to become engineer, mathematician, or scientist; just so you know it’s not something I want to do in the future. fufufu(⌒▽⌒), I am just doing this for fun~

I once had a dream about becoming an architect–dreaming bout designing Gothic Architecture 。◕‿◕。

Now that I think about thoroughly, I am not sure if this is my passion 【・ヘ・?】I think all these drafting and blueprints of the design would drive me insane! My mom said if i made a building of some sort, I would probably be risking peoples’ lives. (;¬д¬) What the heck?!? Sighh..hard to find some one who has faith in me and actually do believes in me, no matter what happen. If the people you trust can’t, who can you?

Anywho, have you heard of The Calling? If you haven’t check this song out :) It’s called ‘Wherever You Will Go‘. This is old song but one of my old favorite~




So cutee <3


Gotta Sleep, Byee (。-ω-)ノ

No comments:

Post a Comment